A Couple of Early Week Questions

As you start day #2 of your work week ... here are two questions for you to ponder:

1. If we Christians say we believe the Bible is the Word of God, then why don't we spend more time reading, studying, meditating, memorizing it (things we MUST do if we are to put God's Word into practice - see Matthew 7:24-27)? I would think that if we really believed that the Bible is indeed God's Word (and therefore the written revelation of who God is and what He wants to accomplish in our world ... in and through us) - if we really believed this, I would think we would be "in" the scriptures with much more regularity and passion. Perhaps it's time for us to evaluate exactly what we do believe about the Bible.

2. Why is it that we who have chosen to follow Jesus are so easily distracted from our highest calling - that of following Christ? It just seems to me that it sometimes does not take much for me to get my eyes off of Jesus and onto other things that really don't mean all that much. I am convinced that part of this is due to the efforts of the Enemy. He knows how important it is that we fix our eyes on Jesus as we run the race marked out for us (see Hebrews 12:1-2). I am sure all of us would benefit from asking ourselves this question: "What steps can I take that will help me stay focused on Jesus as I go through my daily routine?"

It's always good to take time out for self evaluation. Take a moment and use these two questions to take a good and honest look at yourself! And ask the Spirit of God to help you!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...