Perform Lasik Eye Surgery in Your Own Home?

Can you imagine performing Lasik eye surgery on yourself in the privacy of your own home? I can't! But yet, for $99.95 you can order your very own Lasik@home kit! And once you receive it ... all you have to do is follow four easy steps and you will be able to kiss your eye glasses goodbye! (I'm thinking you might be kissing your eyesight goodbye as well!). Now you might think I am making this up ... but you can check it out for yourself at www.lasikathome.com. On the site there are a couple of testimonials. Here is one that sort of grabbed my attention:

My LASIK@Home kit came in the mail just a few days after I ordered it. I was so excited that I used it that same night! My boyfriend helped me do it. It was all done in an hour and I didn’t feel a thing!

I am glad this gal did not feel anything ... But I wonder if this gal can SEE anything? I mean, who would take a LASER and shoot it into their eye? I sure would not, would you?

Now if you think the above is so far fetched that it cannot be true - you are RIGHT! It turns out the web site is a hoax. If you try to order the kit ... you will get an error code. But you can order the merchandise offered on the site (shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc.). My guess this is someone's attempt to make some money. And I would guess that they will do so!

So .... all this to say that we need to learn to discern. Too many people are gullible ... ready to believe whatever sounds like an easy ... or inexpensive route to go. And we who are followers of Christ need to learn how to practice biblical discernment, which is all about measuring the messages we receive through the filter of God's Word. Of course, to do so - we need to be IN the Scriptures? How about you? Do you have a plan for REGULAR Bible intake? I hope you do. My current plan is to complete the reading of the entire Bible by the end of 2010 (I have only the 17 books of OT prophecy to complete) and to read 1 chapter of the book of Proverbs each day for the remainder of the year. I am also reading a devotional book on how to memorize Scripture. Given the importance of God's Word - it's the least I can do!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...