I'm Back!

Sharon and I rolled back into town last Friday around 4 PM. We had a wonderful 3 days in Cape May, NJ (which even included wading in the surf, it was that warm - both the air temp and the water temp). I must admit I found the town to be surprisingly delightful. Sharon and I have placed it on our list of places worth a repeat visit. After being in the "wedding mode" for so long, it sure was great to get away and RELAX!

Well little did I realize how short lived that time to relax would be. Soon after arriving back home, we received a phone call from the assisted living facility where my mother-in-law lives that she had fallen and was being transported to the hospital. The exam in the ER showed a fractured shoulder. She was admitted, with the plan to run additional tests today (to help determine the reason for her dizziness which led to the fall). Yesterday, Sharon and I helped her celebrate her 84th birthday.

All this to say life sure is unpredictable. Walking hand-in-hand with your best friend, enjoying the ocean surf one day- then spending an evening in the ER helping to comfort a hurting family member the next. But that is the way life happens ... much like a roller coaster, up one day and down the next. Isn't it great to know that in midst all this turbulence, Jesus Christ has us in HIS hands! And concerning Jesus we are told that He is "the same, yesterday and today and forever!" (Hebrews 13:8). So the next time your life gets rocked - remember that if you are a follower of Jesus Christ - your soul is anchored to the solid rock - the One who NEVER changes! Now that's stability!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...