Reflections of the Father of the Bride, Again (Part 3)


In just 56 hours and 9 minutes I will once again be walking one of my little girls down the aisle and giving her away to another man. On one hand, I will relish the moment. After all, this is the goal of parenting - to see your children grow up, mature, become responsible and then "leave the nest" to start life on their own. And since this is our third and last child to be married - it brings a special sense of satisfaction. But on the other hand, I am dreading the moment. It is as if the door to a major chapter of my life is now slamming shut - never to be opened again. I thoroughly enjoyed raising my kids and had a blast doing so (although there were THOSE moments!). Sunday's walk down the aisle will be a reminder that life is now moving on.

HOWEVER, I am more than ready for the next chapter in the parenting cycle -- that of grand parenting. As I see it, grand parenting has all the upside of parenting with little of the downside! I am going to love being a granddad!

But whether we are talking about our kids or our grandkids, we must always remember that these children and grandchildren do not belong to us - they belong to God. God merely loans them to us to raise them for HIM! Pslam 127:3 reminds us that children are a reward from God. Here's one dad who is VERY grateful to God for the three little rewards God sent his way!

More later. . .

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...