Reflections of the Father of the Bride, Again (Part 4)

As I write these words, the big event that has been much planned for, paid for and prayed for ... is a mere four hours away! I am ready!!! Bring it on!

Yesterday's rehearsal ran very smoothly, putting the bride and groom at ease. I think the most nervous people today are the parents of the three year old ring bearer and the parents of the two and four year old flower girls. During the rehearsal, all three made it down the aisle on only the second try ... but today with a crowd of people watching, things might not go so well. But little ones can do about anything and everyone will ooh and aah at their "cuteness!"

As glad as I am for this wedding to be here ... I also have a touch of sadness floating around in my heart. Even though I will officiate many more weddings down the road (God willing), this will be the last wedding of one of my children that I will have the privilege of officiating. I certainly see this as a HUGE perk of being a pastor. Not many dads get to walk their daughter down the aisle and then lead her (and her future husband) in the exchange of their marriage vows.

Either tomorrow or Tuesday I will wrap up these Reflections of the Father of the Bride, Again. Right now, I have to begin getting ready - it's not every day that I put on a tux, and I think I might need some extra time to figure it all out. (Hey, honey, where is my tux?)

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...