Reflections of the Father of the Bride - the FINAL Installment!


Now that a day has passed since the wedding, I thought I would share just a few final thoughts about the experience of being the Father of the Bride for my second and final time.





1. I have known many joys in life but the joy of knowing that all three of my children are now married to good spouses ranks up there near the top.

2. Putting together a wedding is far more work than I ever imagined. All the planning, running, phone calls back and forth, dress fittings, tux fittings, etc., etc., etc.. (If I had known what I know now, I think I would have upped the anty on my elopement offer I made to both my daughters! :) )

3. People really matter! What made all three of my children's weddings so special were the family and friends we were able to have present to share the day with us.

4. A wedding may be beautiful - but it is really the marriage that counts. Far too many grooms and brides have a happy wedding day and then lose that happiness somewhere during their marriage. I pray that my children will experience the blessing and happiness that I have enjoyed during my thirty years of marriage to my sweetheart and best friend. But a happy marriage just doesn't happen. It requires a lot of effort and work. Husbands and wives must make their marriage one of their life's top priorities.

I could say far more but I am still quite tired from the whole experience which I found to be emotionally and physically draining.

Today my daughter and her new husband are enjoying their honeymoon . . . and I am one satisfied papa!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...