One More Day to Go!

When our daughter, Emily and son Tim were little, they liked to play "wedding." In this photo Emily is wearing Sharon's wedding dress and Tim the tuxedo jacket in which I was married (They also liked to eat cake!). Well, tomorrow Emily will experience the real thing (which my son did a little over two years ago).

So that makes today my daughter's "Wedding Eve." And boy do I have a lot to do:

- Pick up bagels and cream cheese at Panera Bread (for bridal party's wedding day breakfast)
- Stop at Starbucks (for a cup of coffee, what else?)
- Finish my wedding ceremony notes and print them out
- Help set up for rehearsal dinner
- Conduct wedding rehearsal
- Enjoy rehearsal dinner
- Clean up after rehearsal dinner
- A pile of other misc. tasks that I have forgotten to list (or do not at present foresee doing - which will have to be done. I know this will occur having walked down this path just 3 1/2 months ago!)

Although I will be busy today, I am going to do my best to "stop and smell the roses." I want to "drink it (today's experiences) all in" as this is my last opportunity to be involved in the wedding of one of my own children. My prayer is that this day will be a day of blessing for my daughter, her fiance, my wife and the rest of our family (and friends). God has been so good to us, but that comes as no surprise as He is in His very nature GOOD! Consider the following words:

"For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." (Psalm 100:5)

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

P.S. By the way, you know those wedding programs that I thought I was handing off to someone else to do? Well, somehow I got involved in putting them together. Just another "joy" of being the Father of the Bride!

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...