Reflections of the Father of the Bride Again (part 2)

Today I have not spent much time thinking about the wedding. Too many other things on the old "To-Do" list that have been screaming for my attention all day long. Yesterday, however was a different story. My daughter gave me her handwritten wedding program on Monday. I looked at it and said, "No problem! I can do this!" So thinking I could knock it out in a matter of a half hour or so, I went at it. It took all of about 3 minutes to realize that "no problem" had become "no clue!" But by the end of the day, someone who knew what they were doing rescued me .... and the programs were printed. Now they have to be assembled. But that is a task I am passing off to someone else to do!

This reminded me that I need to be more careful in "counting the cost." (Jesus talked about this in Luke 14). So often I start something before "counting the cost" that is involved in completing the task. I think if I were to SLOW down and "count the cost" involved before rushing into things - I might just save myself a lot of heartaches and headaches! And probably the same is true for you!

Thanks for stopping by ...

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...