Is Your Faith Contagious?

Recently a teacher friend of mine came down with conjunctivitis, better known as "pink eye." Pink eye (an inflammation of the membranes (conjunctiva) covering the whites of the eyes and the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids) is rarely life threatening but at times can lead to quite a bit of discomfort. But the real problem with pink eye is that it is HIGHLY contagious. I guess we shouldn't be surprised then, when we hear of a school teacher who comes down with pink eye!

As I thought about pink eye, I thought of our faith in Christ and how I wish my faith (and the faith of others) was more contagious. We are surrounded by people on their way to a meeting with God. At that meeting they will be judged. And if their names are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life, they will be cast forever into the lake of fire (check out Revelation chapter 20). That's why I wish my faith were more contagious. Well perhaps it's time to stop wishing it were more contagious ... and start making it more contagious. How can we do so? For starters, consider the following passage:

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." (Colossians 4:5-6)

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...