I've Got Smoke in My Eyes!

It seems like the eyes of the world are on a little smoke stack located on a rooftop in Vatican City. In fact, there are many web sites (like this one from NBC News) on which you can watch a live feed of a web cam focused solely on the chimney. Of course, this is not just any smoke stack. Indeed, for the Roman Catholic faithful, it is  one-of-a-kind. For sooner or later, white smoke will billow out of it indicating that a new Pope of the Roman Catholic Church has been selected.

This morning, my office manager mentioned to me the world's fascination with this watching for the smoke. She went on to say she wished we Christians were just as fascinated with our watching for the return of Christ. Hmm. I think she's got something there. Consider what the Apostle Paul had to say about the second coming of Jesus Christ:

"Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing"         (2 Timothy 4:8).

I wonder how many of us "have loved his appearing?"  Or do we get so "caught up" in this life that we give little thought to the next?  Oh that we all were fixed on Christ's return! What a life-changer that would be!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

PS - Thanks, Lisa ... for the idea for this post!

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...