The Gift of the Scriptures!


Psalm 119 is one of my favorite psalms ... in fact, it is one of my favorite chapters in all of the Bible. Why so? Because it expresses to us in no uncertain terms (and in amazing language) the significance and value of God's Word. Sam Storms, in his wonderful devotional book, More Precious Than Gold: 50 Daily Meditations on the Psalms, gives this summary of this wonderful psalm: 





Well said, Sam!  Concerning God's Word ... there are three prayers to pray from the psalm which would benefit us greatly.

- "Incline my heart toward your Word!" (Psalm 119:36)
- "Open my eyes to your Word!" (Psalm 119:18)
- "Order my steps by your Word!" (Psalm 119:133)

Be sure to take some time today (and everyday!) to dig into the valuable gift of God's Word. And as you do ask God to incline your toward His Word, open your eyes to its truth and order your life according to what you read (HEAR it ... and then PUT IT INTO PRACTICE!).

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj


No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...