Thursday A La Carte
1. Please pray for the continuing crisis in the Central African Republic. The last thing this impoverished and war weary land needs is another coup. Pray specifically for Dr. Augustine Hibaile and his family, our Hand-in-Hand Orphan School (staff and students) in Bangui, and both Wycliffe and Encompass World Partners missionaries who remain in the country.
2. Al Mohler weighs in (and does so effectively and with great insight) on the whole issue of same sex marriage and the implications legitimizing it may have for the institution that has always been seen as a union between a man and a woman. In addition, Kevin DeYoung describes why arguments for gay marriage are persuasive.
3. Check out Scotty Smith's blog for some prayers for the various days of Holy Week.
4. Given that tomorrow is Good Friday, here's an intersting post by Tim Challies on Isaac Watts and his hymn, When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.
5. On a lighter note . . . (the NCAA March Madness fans will especially enjoy this - and you gotta love those short shorts of yesteryear!).
Thanks for stopping by . . .
Friday morning means COFFEE! (frankly, every morning means coffee for me)! So why not pour yourself a cup of your favorite brew and join m...
Out with the old .... in with the new and then some! That pretty much sums up my wife's surgery this morning. The surgeon removed the ...
Today I received an email from someone who asked me this question: "How does a person know if he is called by God to serve as a pastor ...
Sharon got the green light to come home this afternoon. So just after 5:00 we walked through our front door (Sharon using her walker, of c...