How Healthy Am I? (Part 7)

Well ... I recently received my blood work results back from my doctor. Looks like I am in fairly decent health! I thank God for that! And after going through this self-check up of my spiritual life ... I can see that I have some work to do in some areas! So I have found this exercise to be profitable ... I trust you have as well. Today our final question. And it very well might be the most important on the list!


7. Do I treasure Christ above all?

When I think of treasuring Christ above all – I think of what the Apostle Paul wrote in his letter to the church at Philippi

"For to me, to live is Christ" (Philippians 1:21).

"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ" (Philippisans 3:7-8). 

Is that true of you?  Is it true of me? St. Augustine – one of the great Christian theologians of the 4th-5th century of the church had this to say …

CHRIST IS NOT VALUED AT ALL UNLESS
HE BE VALUED ABOVE ALL!


Is Jesus Christ valued ABOVE ALL else in your life? Above your money, your home, your career, your hobbies, your happiness, your comfort, and yes – even your family??? 


Ouch! Time to move on ... it's getting quite convicting!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...